ModuSat® Single Plate Cooling (SPC) Interface Unit
The Evinox ModuSat® SP cooling interface unit has been designed to provide cooling for dwellings served by a communal or district system. The unit is supplied via primary chilled water, which is provided by centralised plant.
The unit consists of a single plate heat exchanger, combined with electronic PID control using Pressure Independent Control Valve (PICV) for differential pressure control and flow rate regulation.
Available in a range of plate sizes and connection configurations, the SP Cooling Interface Unit is suitable for many different types of installation.
The ModuSat® SP Cooling unit is designed to operate with Evinox SmartTalk® two-way communication system for remote metering and diagnostics.
The Cooling circuit consists of a plate heat exchanger (PHE), safety relief valve, manometer, flow and return temperature sensors, Wilo PWM circulation pump and expansion vessel. The cooling circuit flow temperature is controlled by the modulation of the primary flow rate with the integrated PICV actuator.
Features & Benefits
- Very compact design with minimum space required for installation
- Ultrasonic heat meter MID approved and class 2 accuracy (BS EN 1434)
- Excellent thermal efficiency achieved using the latest technology and efficient brazed stainless steel PHE’s
- Integrated PaySmart® technology ready for prepayment billing upgrade (activated remotely at any time)
- Billing app for use on smartphones and tablets
- Electronically controlled PICV for primary flow rate modulation to match demand, differential pressure control and energy shut-off
- Each component is fully insulated including pipework and case
- Pipework constructed from copper
- External filling loop (Optional)
- SmartTalk® two-way communication with remote monitoring, alarms, and diagnostics
- Wilo PWM Pump – Provides compliance with EU ErP Directive 2015
- Includes inbuilt TCP/IP technology to operate on an Ethernet network if required
- Capable of reading an electricity meter (Option for ENE3)
- Flushing bypass kit enables the primary side of the system to be flushed and cleaned without damage to the unit