How does our Smart Energy Regulation & Control work?
ModuSat® HIU’s feature smart energy regulation and control, which includes advanced Proportional Integral Derivative (PID) control logic, in combination with Pressure Independent Control Vales (PICV’s) and a fast-acting actuator. This provides a myriad of benefits in terms of HIU performance, optimisation for heat network efficiency and ongoing customer support –
- Pressure Independent Control Valves (PICV’s) provide integrated differential pressure control, providing balanced, self-configuring flow through the HIU
- Fast acting, electronically regulated actuators provide immediate response to changes in energy demand
- Proportional Integral Derivative (PID) control logic provides accurate actuator/valve control and fast response to hot water demand, without “overshoot” (Reduces energy wastage)
- Electronically actuated PICV’s also function as a shut off valve, so ModuSat® Smart HIU’s can easily be configured for either credit or PAYG billing systems
In addition, ModuSat® HIU’s are supplied prepayment ready with a room controller meaning there is no requirement for additional controls, sensors or equipment to provide remote monitoring of temperatures and flow rates or to switch the end user to a debt free PAYG system.
Smart Energy Regulation & Control enables the ModuSat® Smart HIU to deliver energy efficiency features such as –
- Fully programmable hot water “Keep-warm” function, enabling operation on a timed basis, helping to reduce return temperatures and providing flexibility over heat network configuration
- Weather compensation, which allows secondary system flow temperatures to be automatically adjusted based on outdoor temperatures
- Automatic control of pump speed to maintain delta T on secondary circuit, helping low return temperatures to be maintained
SmartTalk® Communications Network – Internet Connected
An additional benefit of using our electronically controlled heat interface units is that they can operate on a 2‐way communication network, which when connected over the internet to remote servers means the ModuSat HIU becomes an IoT device, offering a wide range of benefits to both consumers, facilities managers and heat network operators a like.
Find out More about our SmartTalk® Communication Networks